Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Champions League QF: Inter Milan vs Schalke (1st Leg)

Inter Milan vs Schalke – 1st Leg
April 6 @


The last Italian team vs the last German team who survived up to quarterfinals stage of the Champions League. 

Personally, I like both teams for different reasons.  Inter because I have always had a soft spot for Italy (but I do admit that calcio is not at its best form right now).  And I would like to see the defending champions reach the finals once again and face off vs Barca :P

Schalke, because of Raul :)  I guess he’s one of the greats when I started to follow football.  With all the new and young players, I still kinda hope he’s still the formidable attacking force that he was (when he was still with Real Madrid).  And also because Inter has a better chance making it to next season’s Champions League (qualifying thru topping their domestic league) than Schalke (who is currently ranked 11th in the Bundesliga).  I guess, I also have a soft spot for the underdogs.

Stadium: Giuseppe Meazza (Inter’s Home Turf)

More here:

UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals: Why Schalke Can Be Shock Winners

Schalke's Christoph Metzelder cautious ahead of Inter clash

Inter's Sneijder on Raúl, Leonardo and Mourinho

Inter Milan vs Schalke Preview

Inter needs to get defensive vs. Schalke

Inter v Schalke: Italians confident of doing the German double

UEFA Champions League Draw: Inter Milan Scratches Schalke 04 On Lottery Ticket

Inter Milan vs Schalke Preview UEFA Champions League Tonight 05/04/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment